For the kickboxing and karate classes, you can choose to take part in belt tests. Belt tests occur every three months and allow you or your child to progress through the different belts, with an end goal of reaching black belt.
In order to partake in belt tests, the participant must have:
- attended at least 21 classes between the current test and the last
- completed the karate form for their class and been tagged (Kids and Advanced Kids only)
- completed and handed in the paper form (forms can be handed in up to and on the day of testing)
If they have fulfilled this criteria then the participant will take part in the test, which is in a longer session than usual, and will aim to demonstrate progress in all the areas they have covered during classes (boxing, kicks, mixed combinations, fitness, etc.). At the end of the test, provided they have shown commitment and tried their best, they will be awarded with the next belt.
Belt tests usually take place at these times (times may be subject to change):
- Little Dragons - Saturday 10:00am
- Kids - Saturday 11:30am
- Advanced Kids - Saturday 1:30pm
- Beginners Adults - Thursday 6:40pm
- Advanced Adults - Sunday 10:00am